CARRWOOD BLINDS – Terms and Conditions of Purchase
1. GENERAL 1.1 Except where conditions 8 applies, these terms and conditions apply to every order placed by CARRWOOD BLINDS (“CARRWOOD BLINDS”) with any individual, firm or company (the “Supplier”). No terms and Conditions in or attached to any catalogue, invoice or other sales literature or document or tender or dispatch/delivery note which are inconsistent with these terms and conditions or which purport to add to or vary them in any way shall not have any effect unless expressly accepted by CARRWOOD BLINDS in writing. In the absence of such written acceptance, the Supplier shall be deemed to have withdrawn or waived his terms and conditions and to contract solely on the basis of these terms and conditions and acceptance of goods and/or services shall not constitute or be deemed to constitute acceptance by CARRWOOD BLINDS of the Suppliers terms and conditions. The contract shall commence and the Supplier will be contractually bound upon the despatch of a PO by CARRWOOD BLINDS or sales order by the supplier.
2. PURCHASE ORDER (PO) 2.1 The Supplier shall ensure that the goods and/or services shall: (a) correspond with the quantity, type, sort, quality and description set out in the PO; (b) meet the performance standards and dates specified on the PO or notified to the Supplier by CARRWOOD BLINDS; (c) be of satisfactory quality (within the meaning of the Sale of Goods Act 1979) and fit for any purpose held out by the supplier or made known to the supplier by CARRWOOD BLINDS; (d) where applicable, be free from defects in design, materials and workmanship and remain so for 12 months after delivery; (e) comply with all applicable statutory and regulatory requirements relating to the manufacture, labelling, packaging, storage, handling and delivery of the Goods. 2.2 If the goods and/or services do not comply with the CARRWOOD BLINDS PO and/or instructions, CARRWOOD BLINDS is entitled at its option to either return the goods at the risk of the Supplier; reject the goods and/or services; require the Supplier to re-perform the services or accept the whole or part of the goods and/or services supplied by the Supplier but without prejudice to any rights of CARRWOOD BLINDS to claim compensation or damages for loss or damage suffered as a result of failure to comply. 2.3 If the Supplier fails to deliver the Goods and/or perform the Services by the earliest date specified either in the PO or any other communication CARRWOOD BLINDS shall be entitled to terminate the contract without notice and without penalty.
3. PRICE, PAYMENT AND SET OFF 3.1 The price for the goods and/or services shall be the price set out in the PO and shall be inclusive but not limited to the costs of packaging, insurance and carriage of the goods and/or provision of the services. No extra charges shall be effective unless agreed by CARRWOOD BLINDS. 3.2 In respect of goods, the Supplier shall invoice CARRWOOD BLINDS on or at any time after completion of delivery. In respect of services, the Supplier shall invoice CARRWOOD BLINDS in full, monthly, or quarterly as agreed. The valid VAT invoice must contain the PO number and shall include such supporting information required by CARRWOOD BLINDS to verify the accuracy of the invoice. Page 2 of 3 3.3 CARRWOOD BLINDS will pay the invoiced amounts within 30 days of the date of a valid and correct invoice to a bank account nominated in writing by the Supplier. 3.4 CARRWOOD BLINDS may, without limiting its other rights or remedies, set off any amount owing to it by the Supplier against any amount payable by CARRWOOD BLINDS to the Supplier.
4. INDEMNITY AND INSURANCE The Supplier shall hold and keep CARRWOOD BLINDS indemnified in full against all costs, expenses, damages and losses (whether direct or indirect), including any interest, fines, legal and other professional fees and expenses awarded against or incurred or paid by CARRWOOD BLINDS due to or arising out of the performance of the contract or any breach by the Supplier of these terms and conditions or any term or obligation implied by law or any statutory provision that may be in force from time to time. The Supplier shall at all times have sufficient insurances in place and provide written evidence to CARRWOOD BLINDS upon request.
5. CONFIDENTIALITY The Supplier shall treat all confidential information belonging to CARRWOOD BLINDS as confidential and safeguard it accordingly, and shall not disclose any confidential information without the prior written consent of CARRWOOD BLINDS.
6. TERMINATION In addition to clause 2.3 and 7.1, if at any time after the commencement of the contract the Supplier commits: a material or persistent breach of the Contract and (if such a breach is remediable) fails to remedy that breach within 7 days after receiving notice of the breach verbally or in writing; commits a material breach which cannot be rectified, then CARRWOOD BLINDS may terminate the contract with immediate effect and without penalty.
7. GENERAL 7.1 Force majeure: Neither party shall be liable to the other as a result of any delay or failure to perform its obligations under the Contract if and to the extent such delay or failure is caused by an event or circumstance which is beyond the reasonable control of that party which by its nature could not have been foreseen by such a party or if it could have been foreseen was unavoidable. If such event or circumstances prevent the Supplier from supplying the Goods by the agreed date, CARRWOOD BLINDS may deem the contract null and void and a new contract, if required, can be drawn up. 7.2 Assignment and subcontracting: The Supplier shall not assign, transfer, charge, subcontract or deal in any other manner with all or any of its rights or obligations under the Contract without the prior written consent of CARRWOOD BLINDS. 7.3 Notices: Any notice or other communication required to be given under or in connection with this Contract shall be in writing and shall be delivered to the other party by prepaid first-class post. 7.4 Waiver: No delay, neglect or forbearance on the part of either party in enforcing against the other party any term or condition of the contract shall either be or be deemed to be a waiver or in any way prejudice any right of that party under this contract. 7.5 No partnership: Nothing in the Contract is intended to, or shall be deemed to, constitute a partnership of any kind between any of the parties. 7.6 Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999: A person who is not a party to the Contract shall not have any rights under or in connection with it. Page 3 of 3 7.7 Variation: Any variation, including any additional terms and conditions, to the Contract shall only be binding when agreed in writing and signed by CARRWOOD BLINDS. 7.8 Severance: of any provision in this contract shall in whole or in part be held to any extent to be unlawful or unenforceable under any enactment or rule of law, the remainder of the provisions shall stand in full force and effect. 7.9 Statutory Requirements: the Supplier shall comply with all statutes, orders, regulations or bye laws applicable to the performance of this contract and shall indemnify CARRWOOD BLINDS against all losses, claims or liabilities, expenses, proceedings or otherwise as a result of the Suppliers noncompliance with the same. 7.10 Governing law and jurisdiction: The Contract shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, English law, and the parties irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
8. TERMS AND CONDITIONS These terms and conditions will apply unless CARRWOOD BLINDS specifies different terms and conditions in its tender or quotation documentation or some other contract entered into by the parties. If different terms and conditions are specified by CARRWOOD BLINDS those terms and conditions will override the PO terms and conditions and will apply instead of these.